Hair Restoration Specialist: Dr. Zack Charkawi
When you consult physician and Hair Restoration Specialist Zack Charkawi, M.D. at Men’s Health Atlanta, you and he share the same goal—to determine if your needs and wishes can be satisfied by a hair-restoration surgical procedure or medical treatment. You and Dr. Charkawi have to share a mutual trust and understanding before embarking on a treatment plan. At a consultation appointment, you will need to discuss several items:
- Your objective and subjective perceptions of yourself and what you want hair restoration to accomplish
- An objective evaluation of what can be accomplished technically and aesthetically
- The cost of any recommended treatment options
At Men’s Health Atlanta, an honest, two-way communication about hair restoration between you and Dr. Charkawi is paramount.
What to Discuss at the Consultation
- Have clear goals in mind. Tell Dr. Charkawi why you want hair restoration and what you want hair restoration to accomplish in improving your appearance.
- Examine your self image. Thinning or lost hair is not an isolated condition; it influences your image of yourself and the image you want to present to others. Your wishes regarding hair restoration should be discussed in the context of your overall wishes, e.g., “to look and feel younger,” “not having a scalp that looks shiny and bare,” “being more comfortable around people,”“improving self-confidence.”
- Discuss the area of your scalp where hair loss bothers you most
After the Consultation
Dr. Charkawi, Hair Restoration Specialist, conducts a thorough medical, physical, and scalp examination of each patient. He lays out options for hair restoration and discusses his diagnosis and assessment of the probable progression of hair loss with his patients. In rare cases a patient’s medical history and/or examination indicates that the patient is not a candidate for hair restoration or that the options for treatment are limited. In the majority of individuals, the cause of hair loss is genetic male-or female-pattern androgenetic alopecia that is easily treatable.
Consultation includes a discussion about the final “product” and cost
- Dr. Charkawi will show you collections of illustrative photos or sketches to identify the “look” you want to achieve. On the basis of diagnosis and assessment, Dr. Charkawi will describe and recommend the surgical and/or non-surgical treatment most likely to give you that “look.”
- You should discuss with Dr. Charkawi the relative cost of the recommended treatments in dollar amounts, avoiding imprecise terms like “expensive,”“inexpensive,” “more,” and “less.”
- Before agreeing to a treatment plan, you should be certain you understand the options and each treatment’s benefits, risks, and cost. You should be comfortable that all of your questions have been addressed.
After you are comfortable that all of your questions have been addressed, you and Dr. Charkawi can agree on a hair restoration treatment plan, including the outcome of treatment that can reasonably be expected. Most hair restoration patients are satisfied with the outcome of treatment. A mutual understanding between you and Dr. Charkawi is one of the most important steps in achieving satisfaction.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results may vary.
Dr. Zack Charkawi at Men’s Health Atlanta offers different options for resolving your hair loss problems. He is a Hair Restoration Specialist. His office is located in Johns Creek, GA, which is just north of metro Atlanta. Surrounding towns include Alpharetta, Roswell, Cumming, Sandy Springs. and Marietta.